PCIT Agency Trainer Requirements
Parent Child Interaction Therapy Agency Trainers (PCIT-AT) are clinicians who have already met PCIT Certified Therapist (PCIT-C) credential standards. These individuals have then received additional PCIT training to be qualified to teach and supervise therapists at their own program or agency, with a scope of trainership that is limited to agency where they are employed.
Why Become Certified as a Trainer?
Certification has been developed in response to therapists, agencies, and third-party payers who have long asked how PCIT providers can document they have met a set of standards for competent delivery of the treatment. Certification is one way to promote the effective dissemination of PCIT nationally and internationally.
How Do I Apply for Agency Trainer Certification?
- Complete the 40-hour Essential Training Program.
- Complete two PCIT cases while receiving ongoing case consultation from either a PCIT Agency Trainer (PCIT-AT) or PCIT National Trainer (PCIT-NT).
- Complete at least two additional PCIT cases independently.
- Complete the 24-hour Agency Trainer Certification Program offered by the PCIT & TCIT Training Program.
- Submit the PCIT Agency Trainer Application. Please contact us for more information.
What Are Some of the Benefits of Trainer Certification?
Trainers who are certified by the PCIT & TCIT Training Program have met a number of training and competence standards that help to maintain the treatment’s effectiveness. Once you are certified, you will:
- Be sanctioned to train PCIT therapists in your agency.
- Be placed on the PCIT International website as a certified trainer so that families and other professionals can find you.
- Be invited to join listservs with other certified trainers.
- Receive discounts on PCIT & TCIT Continuing Education workshops and trainings.