PCIT Level II Trainer (L2T) Requirements
Parent Child Interaction Therapy Level II Trainer – Individuals who have met all of the PCIT International requirements for being a certified PCIT Therapist, a Level I Trainer, and are deemed qualified to teach and supervise therapists internal and external to their own program or agency.
Why Become Certified as a Trainer?
Certification has been developed in response to therapists, agencies, and third-party payers who have long asked how PCIT providers can document they have met a set of standards for competent delivery of the treatment. Certification is one way PCIT International is promoting the effective dissemination of PCIT nationally and internationally.
PCIT International is the authorized organization for research and training in the empirically-supported PCIT protocol. PCIT Certified Trainers are sanctioned by PCIT International to provide expert training and consultation in the official PCIT protocol, leading to eligibility for certification as a therapist by PCIT International.
How Do I Apply for Trainer Certification?
- To become Certified, PCIT Trainers must meet specific training requirements, as outlined in the Training Requirements for Certification as a Level II Trainer.
What Are Some of the Benefits of Trainer Certification?
Trainers who are certified by PCIT International have met a number of training and competence standards that help to maintain the treatment’s effectiveness. Once you are certified, you will:
- Be sanctioned to train PCIT therapists in your agency.
- Be placed on the PCIT International website and included in the international database as a certified trainer so that families and other professionals can find you.
- Have opportunities to attend Call-In Hours hosted by PCIT International Certified Master Trainers.
- Be invited to join listservs with other certified trainers.
- Have access to continuing education opportunities through the PCIT International website that will help you remain up-to-date in PCIT and can also serve to meet APA requirements for Continuing Education Units.
Special Notice to Trainers
L1T applicants must meet all requirements of a Certified PCIT Therapist, including completion of a minimum of two cases to graduation criteria under the consultation of a PCIT Trainer. The applicant may not begin training to become a Level I Trainer until these requirements as a Certified PCIT Therapist have been completed.